Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 12061560 (posted Jun. 15, 2012)"
DHS will formally announce this morning that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers. Preliminary information indicates that eligible applicants must:
- Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
- Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
- Have maintained continuous residence
- Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
- Be currently in school, graduated or have a GED, or is an honorably discharged veteran.
The deferred action offer will be available to those in proceedings, as well as to those who apply affirmatively.
The White House is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon at 1:15pm ET. AILA will provide further details today.