Includes AILA's and other organizations.
- AILA Press Release on TV Documentary (11/7/2000)
TV Documentary Highlights: Violations Of American Principles Against Immigrants.
- AILA Press Release on permanent residents (11/1/2000)
AILA today called on President Clinton and leaders of the Senate and House to negotiate a reasonable agreement that will help long-time immigrants and their families become permanent residents.
- AILA Press Release On H-1B House Vote (10/4/2000)
Immigration Lawyers Applaud House Vote On H-1B; Congress Needs To Pass Other Immigration Measures
- AILA Press Release on temporary foreign workers bill (10/3/2000)
Senate votes to keep economy booming; Congress needs to pass other immigration measures.
- AILA Press Release on KENNEDY BILL (9/28/2000)
Immigration Lawyers: Strongly Endorse Kennedy Bill -- Restores Justice, Fairness, Family Values To Immigration
- AILF Press Release on Lillian Vernon (12/4/2000)
Lillian Vernon, Midori Among Outstanding Immigrants Honored By Immigration Lawyers In New York Ceremony.
- AILA Press Release: Urgent Information About Immigration Deal (12/18/2000)
Information for ethnic press about Section 245(i).
- Missed Opportunities & Fundamental Choices: AILA on Immigration Deal (12/15/2000)
AILA Press Release about immigration issues on budget deal.
- AILA Press Release: Immigration Lawyers Honor Anthony Lewis (12/4/2000)
Immigration Lawyers Honor Anthony Lewis.
- AILA Press Release: Immigration advocates continue to press to fix harsh 1996 laws (9/25/2000)
Immigration advocates continue to press to fix harsh 1996 laws
- Class Action Filed Against INS for Family Unity Violations (Press Release) (8/24/2000)
AILF, NILC, and ILRC today filed a national class action lawsuit against INS over the CSC’s failure to adjudicate applications for voluntary departure and employment authorization under the Family Unity program.
- AILA Press Release: Immigration Lawyers: Strongly Endorse Conyers Bill (7/26/2000)
Immigration Lawyers: Strongly Endorse Conyers Bill; Restores Justice, Fairness, Family Values To Immigration.
- AILA Press Release: New Soriano Proposal a Good Down Payment (7/19/2000)
Immigration Lawyers: New Soriano Proposal a Good Down Payment; Call on INS, Justice To Go Further. (Revised 7/19/2000)
- AILA Press Release: Good First Step by Bush but What is to Follow? (6/29/2000)
Immigration Lawyers: Good First Step by Bush, but What is to Follow?
- AILA Press Release: Annual Conference (6/9/2000)
NATION'S TOP IMMIGRATION LAWYERS GATHER IN CHICAGO FOR AILA'S ANNUAL CONFERENCE.
- AILA Press Release on Introduction of Secret Evidence Repeal Legislation (3/29/2001)
March 28, 2001 - AILA announces support for measure that would bar the use of secret evidence in immigration cases. The bill was introduced by Reps. David Bonoir (D-MI) and Bob Barr (R-GA), among others.
- AILA Press Release: Immigration Law Group Sues INS (5/18/2000)
AILF today filed suit against the Immigration and Naturalization Service seeking regulations that would allow thousands of healthcare workers to become permanent residents.
- AILA Press Release: Immigration Lawyers Laud Abraham-Smith Agreement (5/18/2000)
AILA hailed an agreement between the House and the Senate that effectively revokes Section 110 of the 1996 immigration law.
- AILA Press Release: INS Backlogs Won't Be Tolerated (5/17/2000)
AILA offered their support for a measure introduced today by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) that would put the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) on notice that it must reduce its tremendous backlogs.
- Press Release: AILA Strongly Endorses Dreier-Lofgren Bill (3/15/2000)
The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) today threw its weight behind a new House measure that should help allow the economy to continue growing at the current unprecedented pace.
- AILA Press Release on S. 2912 (7/27/2000)
Immigration Lawyers Urge Senate: Restore Fairness, American Values to Immigration
- Text of Roy Berg's June 26 Speech to Immigration Judges (7/21/2000)
Speech of Royal F. Berg, outgoing chair of the AILA-EOIR Liaison Committee, to the immigration judges at their annual conference, June 26, 2000, in Las Vegas.
- AILA Press Release on H.R. 2121 (5/23/2000)
AILA today urged Congress to approve H.R. 2121, a bill introduced by Representatives David Bonior (D-MI), Tom Campbell (R-CA) and Bob Barr (R-GA), which would ban the use of secret evidence during INS proceedings.
- AILF Presses INS to Issue Healthcare Worker Regulations (3/16/2000)
AILF's March 15, 2000 letter urges the INS to issue regulations governing certification for the remaining categories of healthcare workers under IIRAIRA §343, and informs INS of its intent to litigate if INS fails to issue the regulations by April 30, 2000.
- AILA Press Release on New Bill (2/14/2000)
AILA: NEW BILL TO HELP ECONOMY KEEP GROWING; ALSO EASE SKILLED WORKER SHORTAGE