Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 14072246 (posted Sep. 4, 2014)"
AILA members and others are mobilizing to provide legal services to the thousands of unaccompanied children and families crossing the southern border of the United States. Below are a number of training materials and resources from both AILA and other organizations to assist volunteers in efforts to effectively represent these children and families.
AILA Agora Resources
Resources on unaccompanied children can be found on Agora!
AILA National Resources
- September 2014 Member Update with information on agency liaison, chapter coordination and pro bono needs, media, and coordination with AILA partners.
- August 2014 Member Update with information on agency liaison, chapter coordination and pro bono needs, media, and coordination with AILA partners.
- AILA Information Guide with general information on traveling to Artesia, including flight costs, accommodations, and temporary office space.
- AILA National Mentor List for Pro Bono Representation of Unaccompanied Children from Central America
AILA Chapter Resources
- Video and PowerPoint of training provided by AILA Colorado chapter and Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN) (90 minutes - 7/17/14) (AILA Doc. No. 14072245.)
Reports from the Front Line
AILA Leadership Blog
Snapshots from Artesia