Practice & Professionalism Center (PPC)
The practice of law is a profession, but your law practice is a business. Whether you seek assistance with managing your work flow, obtaining new clients, maintaining ethical standards, enhancing finances, or incorporating technology, the PPC can help you achieve even greater success. To help guide you, PPC offers:
- free valuable libraries of ethics and management articles specific to immigration practice;
- ethics rules and select ethics opinions from U.S. jurisdictions;
- free and confidential consultations on a range of practice management and ethical issues;
- resources to assist you in locating pro bono opportunities as well as incorporate this service into your practice.
Looking for Practice Advice? Talk to Reid Trautz!
PPC Director Reid Trautz has advised AILA members on a range of ethical and practice management issues. E-mail email@example.com to schedule a consultation.
Immigration Lawyer Search (ILS)
If someone is looking for an immigration lawyer, where will they turn? To AILA! To reach those potential clients, become a part of AILA's online attorney referral service-Immigration Lawyer Search (ILS), www.ailalawyer.com. Potential clients, employers, and other attorneys looking for an immigration lawyer can connect to hundreds of AILA lawyers in the ILS program. Users can search by practice area, language, and geographic location-all in seconds! Practice areas include naturalization, family, business and litigation, DACA, and more! ILS has a proven record of inquiries, averaging nearly 100,000 potential client visits a year.
Take advantage of ILS to expand your client base! Just access your myAILA profile page and scroll down to the "My Lawyer Search" area to complete the application process.
ILS IS FREE FOR AILA MEMBERS WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be an approved AILA member for at least 2 years.
- Carry professional liability insurance with a minimum of $100,000 of coverage.
- Completed at least 9 hours of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes within the last year.
- Licensed and in good standing with a State Bar.
With its focus on attorneys and law professors who practice and teach immigration law, the AILA Career Center offers members and the immigration law community at-large an easy-to-use and highly targeted resource for online employment connections for attorneys, paralegals, law office and support staff, administrators, law librarians, nonprofit agencies, and federal government attorneys.
You can use the AILA Career Center to reach qualified candidates, and AILA members advertising a position receive a significant discount off the nonmember rate. Job hunting? There is no charge to use the Career Center, and the members-only Career Resources page provides job interview advice, resume writing tips, salary information, and more!