Join the AILA Facebook
community today by clicking the "Like" button below.
From there you can read news updates, view photo albums, check-in to AILA conferences, or join our online discussion.
AILA On The Issues
AILA’s Resource Guide on Immigration provides analysis of all the major immigration policy and legislative issues.
Below is a listing of all the AILA on the Issues pages by issue area. You can also see a chronological list of all AILA Advocacy resources and documents.
- AILA Resources on 2013 Immigration Reform (Updated 5/13/13) (5/13/2013)
The most important and up to date information and resources on immigration reform in the 113th Congress. AILA Doc. No. 13020647.
- AILA Resources on Detention (Updated 4/10/13) (4/10/2013)
Resources related to detention conditions and policy, including legislation, press statements, and hearings. AILA Doc. No. 12011164.
- AILA Resources on Secure Communities (Updated 4/10/13) (4/10/2013)
Updates and resources related to Secure Communities, including AILA press statements, reports, and testimonies. AILA Doc. No. 11113063.
- AILA Resources on Enforcement (Updated 4/10/13) (4/10/2013)
Effective border security and interior enforcement are essential to a functioning immigration system. AILA Doc. No. 12032760.
- AILA Resources on Earned Legalization (Updated 4/1/13) (4/1/2013)
Currently there are an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living and working in the United States. In these troubled economic times, lawmakers can no longer ignore the critical—albeit vulnerable—role the undocumented play in our economy. AILA Doc. No. 12032265.
- AILA Resources on the Economic Benefits of Immigration (Updated 4/1/13) (4/1/2013)
Reforming our immigration system is vital to creating a workforce that contributes to our economic security – both in times of prosperity and recession. AILA Doc. No. 12032174.
- AILA Resources on Deferred Action (Updated 3/29/13) (3/29/2013)
On June 15, 2012 the Department of Homeland Security formally announced that it will offer deferred action to “DREAMers.” AILA Doc. No. 12061552.
- AILA Resources on Worksite Enforcement and E-Verify (Updated 3/29/13) (3/29/2013)
Currently there are an estimated 8 million undocumented workers in the country --if these undocumented workers suddenly leave the workforce, our country would face significant, possibly devastating, economic consequences. AILA Doc. No. 12032176.
- AILA Resources on the Border (Updated 3/29/13) (3/29/2013)
In recent years increasing amounts of money have been poured into the protection of the border region--the necessity of these escalating costs is questionable, especially when considering that apprehensions at the border are at their lowest in 40 years. AILA Doc. No. 12032166.
- AILA Resources on Business Immigration (3/29/2013)
Resources related to business immigration, including press statements, reports, and fact sheets. AILA Doc. No. 13032947.
- AILA Resources on Family-Based Immigration (Updated 3/29/13) (3/26/2013)
Resources related to family-based immigration, including press statements, reports, and fact sheets. AILA Doc. No. 13032048.
- AILA Resources on the Violence Against Women Act (Updated 3/7/12) (3/7/2013)
First enacted in 1994, VAWA includes several provisions that protect battered immigrants whose noncitizen status can make them particularly vulnerable to crimes of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking. These protections are currently at risk. AILA Doc. No. 12050742.
- AILA Resources on State Laws (1/24/2013)
Resources related to state immigration laws and policies including resources on state based harsh immigration enforcement laws and DMV issues.
- AILA Resources on the DREAM Act (Updated 11/29/12) (11/29/2012)
The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM) is a bipartisan proposal that would provide a conditional path to legal permanent residence for certain unauthorized youth who, as children, were brought to the U.S. AILA Doc. No. 12032175.
- Resources on the 2012 Federal Elections and Races to Watch (9/12/2012)
Information and updates on the most important races to watch in the 2012 election.
- AILA Consumer Advisory: Deferred Action for Certain Young Immigrants: Don’t Get Scammed! (Updated 8/8/12)(552 KB - 8/8/2012)
AILA adds Spanish language advisory following the August 3rd 2012 USCIS release of updated “DACA” FAQs. This document cautions those who will apply for deferred action to wait until Aug 15th, 2012 as well as listing detailed eligibility criteria as outlined by USCIS. AILA Doc. No. 12062148.
- AILA Resources on the SB 1070 Supreme Court Case (Updated 6/28/12) (6/28/2012)
Resources related to the Arizona v. United States Supreme Court Case. AILA Doc. No. 12062054.
- AILA Resources on Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers (4/5/2012)
Updates and resources related to the USCIS provisional unlawful presence waiver process, including agency announcements, FAQs, and correspondence. AILA Doc. No. 12010663.
- AILA Resources on Immigration Courts (3/22/2012)
A fair and functioning court system is essential to ensuring due process. Currently, the immigration court system is plagued by a lack of funding. AILA Doc. No. 12032266.
- AILA Resources on The Immigration System (3/21/2012)
Legal immigration is essential to ensuring the continued vitality of the American economy and to meeting our nation’s historic commitment to family reunification. AILA Doc. No. 12032170.
- AILA Resources on Prosecutorial Discretion (Updated 2/2/12) (2/2/2012)
Resources related to prosecutorial discretion, including agency memos, practice advisories, and advocacy tools. AILA Doc. No. 11120971.
- AILA Resources on State-based Advocacy (1/19/2012)
Resources for engaging in immigration advocacy at the state and local level, including press statements, reports, and sample talking points. AILA Doc. No.12011949.
- Advocacy Documents (6/16/2008)
Chronological listing of all AILA Advocacy related documents