|Live Event Date: 11/29/2023
Immigration attorneys often encounter individuals who do not “fit the mold” for traditional immigrant or nonimmigrant visa classifications. It is critical for immigration lawyers to be aware of the full range of options available to noncitizens, even if they do not result in permanent status or immediate long-term protection. Our panel of experts on this intermediate seminar will explore various humanitarian options, including their standards and procedures.
- Late-filed Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Special parole programs: Venezuelans, Haitians, Cubans, Central American minors, etc.
- Litigation update and re-parole procedures
- Humanitarian parole: USCIS, ICE, or CBP?
- Deferred action for labor disputes
AILA Membership Benefit – Access to Free Seminar Recordings
Enjoy access to free seminar recordings (from October 2020–present) as an AILA Member. AILA encourages live attendance for those wishing to ask the speaker questions. Recordings will be available approximately two weeks after the live event date. AILA members can access these seminars for free.
Camiel Becker (DL), Oakland, CA
Assma Ali, AILA Removal Defense Section Steering Committee, Ridgeland, MS
Vera A. Weisz, Los Angeles, CA