|Event Date: 3/3/2022
Recording Available 7-14 Days After Event Date
The AILA Global Migration Section (GMS) presents its first ever "Regional Spotlight." During this AILA University Video Roundtable, GMS will focus on the Latin America (LATAM) and Caribbean region and will be joined by experts who will discuss several key topics followed by a live Q&A. Joining the Global Migration Section is easy and there is no application needed. Simply go to My AILA and click on "Update Sections" under the My Membership questions.
- Key Immigration Developments or Issues (Both Existing and on the Horizon)
- The Existence of Inter-Country Agreements to Facilitate Immigration/Travel Between the Featured Jurisdictions
- Most Widely Used Immigration Processes to Employ Foreign Workers and Facilitate Short Term Business Travel
- Procedures for Securing Family Reunification for Work and Business Travelers, Including Any Automatic Work Entitlements for Dependents
- The Existence of Regional Instability in the Various Jurisdictions and the Downstream Impact on the Relevant Immigration Systems
AILA University Video Roundtables are free learning opportunities for AILA members provided via a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to come together from across the country and world to discuss hot topics and network with colleagues in the field. Video Roundtables are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty selected for their expertise.This roundtable is available only to AILA members and not CLE eligible.
Gabriela Lessa (moderator), Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Hector Gabriel Celano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ricardo Maldonado, Caracas, Venezuela
Luis Alfredo Pinilla, Bogota, Colombia
Cristina Sandoval Saravia, Guatemala, Guatemala