DHS Final Rule for STEM Students and Cap-Gap Relief
DHS final rule to improve and expand training opportunities for F-1 students with STEM degrees and cap-gap relief for eligible F-1 students. This rule is effective 5/10/16, except the addition of 8 CFR 214.16, which is effective from 5/10/16, through 5/10/19. (81 FR 13040, 3/11/16)
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
8 CFR Parts 214 and 274a
[DHS Docket No. ICEB-2015-0002]
Improving and Expanding Training Opportunities for F-1 Nonimmigrant Students With STEM Degrees and Cap-Gap Relief for All Eligible F-1 Students
AGENCY: Department of Homeland Security.
ACTION: Final rule.
- DHS to Enhance Training Opportunities for International Students in STEM Fields
- DHS Notice of Proposed Rulemaking of STEM OPT
(80 FR 63376, 10/19/15)
- AILA/AIC Comments on Improving and Expanding Training Opportunities for Students with STEM Degrees
- District Grants 90-Day Extension of Stay of Vacatur of STEM OPT Rule
(Wash. Alliance of Tech. Workers v. DHS, 1/23/16)
- AILA Member Talking Points on the DHS Final Rule on OPT For STEM Students and Cap-Gap Relief