Federal Agencies, Agency Memos & Announcements
Attorney General Issues Memo on Access to Justice
5/18/21 AILA Doc. No. 21051900. Removal & Relief
Attorney General Garland issued a memo reinvigorating DOJ's Office for Access to Justice and announcing a process to develop a plan for expanding DOJ's role in leading access-to-justice policy initiatives, including on how DOJ and partners can address barriers to access in the immigration systems.
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 21051900.
- DOJ Press Release: Attorney General Launches Review to Reinvigorate the Justice Department’s Commitment to Access to Justice - May 18, 2021
- Presidential Memorandum on Restoring DOJ’s Access-to-Justice Function and Reinvigorating the White House Legal Aid Interagency Roundtable
- White House Fact Sheet: President Biden to Sign Presidential Memorandum to Expand Access to Legal Representation and the Courts – May 18, 2021
- AILA Press Statement: AILA Welcomes Biden Administration Expansion of Access to Justice and Legal Representation - May 19, 2021
- Policy Brief: The Biden Administration and Congress Must Guarantee Legal Representation for People Facing Removal
- Featured Issue: Ensuring Legal Representation for People Facing Removal