AILA Public Statements, Advocacy & Media
Supplement Complaint Demands Government Action on Inadequate Medical Care in Colorado Detention Center
On June 11, 2019, the American Immigration Council and AILA supplemented a complaint originally filed in June 2018 highlighting numerous examples of inadequate medical care in the Denver Contract Detention Facility, an immigration detention center in Aurora, Colorado.
Share on Social Media
- Click to tweet: .@AILANational and @immcouncil call on the government to address the systemic failure to provide appropriate medical services in the #immigration detention center in Aurora, Colorado. Read their supplemental complaint. #HarmInDetention http://ow.ly/THLH30oVgGU
- Click to tweet: "I am a certified nurse and it's so hard to see my dad suffering so much. It's really hard to hear suicidal thoughts that he never had until he came here." Read @AILANational and @immcouncil's supplemental complaint on the #HarmInDetention. http://ow.ly/THLH30oVgGU
- Click to tweet: Immigrants are suffering needlessly behind bars due to inadequate medical and mental health care. The detention center in Aurora, Colorado is just one example. @AILANational and @immcouncil's supplemental complaint explains. #HarmInDetention http://ow.ly/THLH30oVgGU
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 19061191.
- ACLU Report Highlights Death, Abuse and Neglect at Aurora ICE Detention Facility
- BuzzFeed News: ICE Medical Care Is Only Getting Worse At A Colorado Detention Center, Advocates Say - June 11, 2019
- The Real Alternatives to Detention
- Public Complaint Regarding Denver Contract Detention Facility’s Failure to Provide Medical and Mental Care - June 4, 2018
- Press Release: Complaint Filed with DHS Oversight Bodies Calls for Improvements to Medical and Mental Health Care of Immigrants in Aurora Detention Center - June 4, 2018