Federal Agencies, Agency Memos & Announcements
CBP Issues Guidance on Care in Custody for Pregnant, Postpartum, Nursing Individuals, and Infants
11/29/21 AILA Doc. No. 21113013. Admissions & Border
CBP issues updated guidance on care in custody and documentation requirements for pregnant, postpartum, and nursing individuals, and infants. These include ensuring welfare checks, providing diaper changing stations and sleepers for infants, maintaining documentation for all childbirths, and more.
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 21113013.
- CBP Press Release: Policy Statement and Required Actions Regarding Pregnant, Postpartum, Nursing Individuals, and Infants in Custody – November 29, 2021
- CBP Issues Pregnancy and Childbirth Guidance for Individuals in CBP Custody – August 18, 2021
- ICE Issues Updated Guidance in Identifying and Monitoring Pregnant, Postpartum, or Nursing Individuals - July 1, 2021
- DHS OIG Issues Report on the February 16, 2020, Childbirth at the Chula Vista Border Patrol Station
- Featured Issue: Border Processing and Asylum