AILA Policy Brief: Crisis Level USCIS Processing Delays and Inefficiencies Continue to Grow
2/26/20 AILA Doc. No. 20022502.
AILA’s analysis of USCIS data from FY2019 reveals a continued rise in USCIS processing delays for applications and petitions for immigration benefits. The results of this analysis underscores the importance of robust congressional oversight of USCIS to ensure transparency and good governance.
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 20022502.
- AILA Press Release: Bipartisan Legislation Underscores Need for Transparency and Accountability Within USCIS
- AILA Quicktake #282: Congress Introduces a Bipartisan Bill on USCIS Case Backlog
- H.R. 5971: The Case Backlog Transparency and Accountability Act of 2020
- AILA Provides Summary and Section-by-Section of H.R. 5971
- Featured Issue: Changes in USCIS Policy Under the Trump Administration
- AILA Policy Brief: USCIS Processing Delays Have Reached Crisis Levels Under the Trump Administration