Federal Agencies, Agency Memos & Announcements
DHS Releases Memo on Termination of MPP
DHS terminated MPP, effective immediately, after finding that the benefits of MPP are far outweighed by the costs of continuing to the program. DHS will comply with Texas v. Biden, but termination of MPP will be implemented as soon as practicable after the injunction is vacated.
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 21102904.
- AILA Press Release: AILA Welcomes Termination Memo Intended to End the “Migrant Protection Protocols” Permanently (October 29, 2021)
- DHS Provides Explanation of the Decision to Terminate MPP (October 29, 2021)
- Featured Issue: Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP)
- AILA Letter to the Administration on Due Process and Access to Counsel Failures of MPP
- DHS Announces Intention to Issue New Memo Terminating MPP