EOIR Final Rule on Appellate Procedures and Administrative Closure
EOIR final rule amending the regulations on the processing of immigration appeals, as well as amending the regulations regarding administrative closure. The final rule adopts the notice of proposed rulemaking published at 85 FR 52491 on 8/26/20 with minor changes. The rule is effective 1/15/21. (85 FR 81588, 12/16/20)
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Executive Office for Immigration Review
8 CFR Parts 1003 and 1240
[Docket No. EOIR 19–0022; Dir. Order No. 05–2021]
Appellate Procedures and Decisional Finality in Immigration Proceedings; Administrative Closure
AGENCY: Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
ACTION: Final rule.
- District Court Preliminarily Enjoins EOIR Rule on Appellate Procedures and Decisional Finality in Immigration Proceedings (Centro Legal De La Raza, et al., v. EOIR, et al., 3/10/21)
- Practice Alert: EOIR Final Rule Makes Major Changes to Board of Immigration Appeals Procedures
- Organizations File Lawsuit Challenging New Rule on EOIR’s Appellate Procedures and Administrative Closure (CLINIC, et al. v. EOIR, et al., 1/11/21)
- EOIR Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on Appellate Procedures and Administrative Closure (85 FR 52491, 8/26/20)
- Featured Issue: Immigration Courts