Federal Agencies, Agency Memos & Announcements
EOIR Releases Memo on Acceptance of Notices to Appear and Use of the Interactive Scheduling System
12/21/18 AILA Doc. No. 18122405. Removal & Relief
EOIR released a memo to establish standards for receipt of Notices to Appear as filed by DHS. Memo is effective as of 12/21/18. Memo notes that EOIR will reject any NTA in which the time or date of the scheduled hearing is facially incorrect.
Cite as AILA Doc. No. 18122405.
- Practice Alert: DHS Issuing NTAs with Fake Times and Dates
- An Attorney's Ethical and Legal Obligations to Pereira-Affected Clients
- EOIR Releases Internal Guidance on Pereira v. Sessions
- Practice Alert: Pereira v. Sessions Guidance to Immigration Judges
- Pereira v. Sessions: Challenging the Validity of Notices to Appear Lacking Time-and-Place Information
- Supreme Court Rules That Notices Triggering Stop-Time Rule Must Include Time and Place (Pereira v. Sessions, 6/21/18)