DHS Released a Memo Implementing President Trump's Executive Order on Interior Enforcement
From the Memo:
"This memorandum implements the Executive Order entitled "Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States," issued by the President on January 25, 2017. It constitutes guidance for all Department personnel regarding the enforcement of the immigration laws of the United States, and is applicable to the activities of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As such, it should inform enforcement and removal activities, detention decisions, administrative litigation, budget requests and execution, and strategic planning.
With the exception of the June 15, 2012, memorandum entitled "Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion with Respect to Individuals Who Came to the United States as Children," and the November 20, 2014 memorandum entitled "Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion with Respect to Individuals Who Came to the United States as Children and with Respect to Certain Individuals Who Are the Parents of U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents," all existing conflicting directives, memoranda, or field guidance regarding the enforcement of our immigration laws and priorities for removal are hereby immediately rescinded- to the extent of the conflict-including, but not limited to, the November 20, 2014, memoranda entitled "Policies for the Apprehension, Detention and Removal of Undocumented Immigrants," and "Secure Communities.""
- Leaked DHS Memo Implementing President Trump's Executive Order on Interior Enforcement
- Presidential Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States - issued on January 25, 2017
- AILA Summary and Analysis of the DHS Memorandum on Interior Enforcement
- DHS Memo on Deferred Action Process for Certain Young People (6/15/12)
- DHS Memo on Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion and Deferred Action (11/20/14)
- DHS Memo Discontinuing Secure Communities (11/20/14)
- DHS Memo with Updated Policies on the Apprehension, Detention, and Removal of Undocumented Immigrants (11/20/14)