USCIS Final Rule Restoring Previous Public Charge Regulations
USCIS final rule removing from the Code of Federal Regulations the regulatory text that DHS promulgated in the August 2019 public charge rule and restoring the regulatory text to appear as it did prior to the issuance of the August 2019 rule. The rule is effective 3/9/21 as the result of the Northern District of Illinois’s vacatur of the August 2019 rule. (86 FR 14221, 3/15/21)
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
8 CFR Parts 103, 106, 212, 213, 214, 245, and 248
Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds; Implementation of Vacatur
AGENCY: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, DHS.
ACTION: Final rule.
- DHS Press Release: 2019 Public Charge Rule Vacated and Removed; DHS Withdraws Proposed Rule Regarding the Affidavit of Support – March 11, 2021
- USCIS Final Rule on Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds (84 FR 41292, 8/14/19)
- Featured Issue: Public Charge Changes at USCIS, DOJ, and DOS
- DHS Announces DOJ Will No Longer Defend the 2019 Public Charge Final Rule
- USCIS Provides Litigation Summary and Update on Current Status of the Public Charge Final Rule